Mira MiniDuo Description
- Small, yet Powerful. Introducing the new Mira miniature mixer range.
- Small, yet powerful, the new Miniduo offers all the performance, at half the size
- Available in built in and exposed variants
- Select & Forget, separate controls for temperature and flow
- Market leading thermostatic performance, safe for all the family
- Complete with Mira fittings kit, with multi mode handset
- 110mm pipe centres (separate adjustable elbow kit available to retrofit pipe centres between 133 – 153mm)
- 3 year guarantee
Mira Minilite Product Range
We sell both the models in the range:
- Mira Miniduo Exposed Valve Shower, Chrome – Mira Miniduo surface mounted shower control with adjustable showerhead, hose, clamp bracket, slide bar and hose retaining ring
- Mira Miniduo Built-In Valve Shower, Chrome – Mira Miniduo built-in shower control, including right angle hose connector, with adjustable showerhead, hose, clamp bracket, slide bar and hose retaining ring.
- Fully modulating combi boilers and instantaneous gas water heaters
- Gravity-fed hot and cold water supply
- Gravity-fed hot and cold pumped water supply
- Mains pressure hot and cold – unvented
- Mains pressure thermal store
Limitations of Use
Mira Miniduo should not be used for applications where an outlet flow control forms part of the shower fitting.
Mira Miniduo is suitable for installation as part of the following plumbing systems:
- Gravity fed
- Fully modulating instantaneous gas heated
- Mains pressurised (heated from a thermal store)
- Unvented mains pressure
*When the Mira Miniduo is used with mains pressure appliances at pressures above 5 bar maintained, a drop-tight pressure reducing valve must be installed to maintain performance.
- Recommended hot inlet supply temperature 55-65oC
- Maximum hot temperature 85oC (maximum recommended is 65oC Ref BS6700)
- Recommended cold temperature 5-25oC
- Minimum cold temperature 1oC
- Hot and cold supplies to be at a nominally equal pressure
- Min maintained pressure 0.1 bar (1m to showerhead).
- Max maintained 5.0 bar
- Max static 10.0 bar
The specification performance outlined below is achieved with inlet water supply temperatures of 15oC cold and 65°C hot, the mixed temperature in the range 35°C – 45°C and nominally equal inlet supply pressures:
- Temperature selectable range : full cold to preset maximum (factory set is 43°C) but can be easily reset depending on site conditions
- The blended water temperature is maintained within 2°C with a 10°C change in either the hot or cold supply temperatures
- Shutdown in typically two seconds if either the hot or cold supply fails provided the hot supply is more than 12oC above the blend temperature.
- The blended water is maintained within a 2oC range, when the pressure of either supply is reduced by 50% (0.5 bar maintained)
- For high pressure supplies a 12l min / flow regulator (supplied) should be fitted to the outlet
Optional DCV-H: outlet double check valve for use with pressures above 0.2 bar is available, providing an alternative method (to the hose retaining ring) of complying with Water Regulations
Universal retrofit kit with adjusting elbows, designed to allow the thermostatic mixer to accept pipework centres between 133mm – 153mm and a mounting plate designed to hide the majority of previous valve screw holes.
Guaranteed for three years from date of purchase against faulty materials or workmanship.
This product is designed to be maintenance free apart from inlet filters which should be cleaned regularly
Maintenance should be carried out in accordance with the information published in the Installation and User Guide, supplied with each product. This guide should be retained by the user for future reference.
Conveniently situated isolating valves must be fitted in the supply pipework to allow complete maintenance of the product
The plumbing installation must comply with the requirements of UK Water Regulations / Bylaws (Scotland), Building Regulations or any particular regulations and practices specified by the local water company or water undertakers.
The installation should be carried out by a plumber or contractor who is registered or is a member of an association.
Protect the product from damage whilst making soldered connections. Some fluxes may cause damage to plastic components.
Mira Miniduo Surface Mounted (shower control only)
- Inlet elbows accept falling, rising or rear entry supplies
- Inlet pipe centres – 110mm
- Inlet Connections : 15mm compression
- Outlet connection : 1/2″ BSP flat face
- Reversed inlet supplies supported
- Alternative top or bottom outlet support
Universal retrofit kit is available, allowing the Miniduo to fit pipe centres between 133mm – 153mm.
Mira Miniduo Built-In (Shower Control Only)
- Inlet connections : 15mm compression
- Outlet connection : 15mm compression
- Mounting bracket : for easy rear mounting
- Rising and falling inlet supplies go directly into the shower control without the need for additional elbows
- Right angle hose connector
- Easily accessible filters
- Reversed inlet connections supported
- Alternative top or bottom outlet supported
Click to view the two Mira Miniduo available to buy on-line.
Click to download the Mira Miniduo Installation and User Guide.