- Separate flow and temperature control lets you leave the temperature control at your preferred setting
- Maximum temperature override for added safety
- Fully variable flow control to let you choose from low economical flow through to a high flowing invigourating shower
- Multi-mode handset features 5 exciting spray patterns and rub clean nozzles to help keep limescale at bay
Mira Vigour Description
- An all in one power shower with an integral 230V / 240V AC pump and mixer assembly
- Concentric flow and temperature controls allow simple adjustment of both flow and temperature
- Fully variable flow control – allows the user to choose the flow they want rather than having a fixed flow rate
- 15mm dual entry push fit inlet connections
- Integral inlet filters and check valves
- Cover, case and internal assemblies moulded from engineering plastics and polymers
Mira Vigour and Mira Vigour Thermostatic
Surface mounted all in one power shower for connection to exposed pipework and operation with gravity fed supplies. Supplied complete with a metal clad shower hose, clamp bracket, slide bar, soap dish, hoe retaining ring / gel hook and Mira showerhead with five different spray modes.
Limitations of Use
- The Mira Vigour must not be connected to a mains fed water supply
- The Mira Vigour is not suitable for installation in institutional / commercial applications
- The powerful pump motor is fitted on rubber isolation mounts to reduce the transmitted sound levels. The type of wall surface will affect the perceived sound levels.
- The Mira Vigour should not be used for applications where an outlet flow controls forms part of the shower fitting.
- The product and its components are only suitable for normal water supplies and should be cleaned only with mild washing up detergent or soap solution.
- Manual (non thermostatic) control system
- Maximum recommended hot water temperature : 65°C
- Wax capsule temperature control system
- Automatic shutdown if cold supply fails
- Over rideable maximum temperature stop
- Temperature control range : 35°C – 45°C
- Maximum recommended hot water temperature : 65°C
- Minimum temperature differential : 12°C between blend and hot
- Minimum maintained pressure : 0.008 bar min (80mm)
- Maximum maintained pressure : 0.5bar
- Maximum static pressure : 1.0 bar
- Maximum pressure loss ratio : 10:1
The specification performance outlined below for the standard appliance is achieved with a blend set between 35°C – 45°C and supplies of 15°C cold and 65°C hot with nominally equal pressures
- The blended water temperature is maintained within 1°C with a 10°C change in the hot or cold water supply
- The thermostat effects a shut down in approximately 2 seconds if the cold supply fails.
- Shut down is achieved only if the hot supply is a minimum of 12°C above the blend temperature
- The blended water temperature is maintained within 1.5°C when the pressure between inlet and outlet is halved (defined as a pressure los ratio of 2:1) on either the hot or cold side.
- Temperature overshoot will not exceed 50°C when adjusting the blend temperature from full cold to full hot.
Guaranteed for one year from date of purchase against faulty materials or workmanship. Optional extended warranty available from Mira Customer Support.
The Mira Vigour is suitable for installation as part of gravity fed plumbing systems only.
Installation – Plumbing
- The plumbing installation must comply with the requirements of UK Water Regulations / Bylaws (Scotland), Building Regulations or any particular regulations and practices specified by the local water company or water undertakers. The installation should be carried out by a plumber or contractor who is registered or is a member of an association.
- Protect the product from damage whilst making soldered connections. Some fluxes cause damage to plastic components.
- Surface mounted
- Inlet connections : 15mm dual entry push-fit inlet connections
- Supports three inlet configurations; top, bottom or back inlet supply
- Outlet connection : 1/2″ BSP male
- The storage cistern should have a minimum storage capacity of 230 litres to provide adequate showering time and to comply with BS6700 (1987). Insufficient storage may result in the pump being run dry.
Installation – Electrical
- The appliance must be earthed
- This appliance is intended to be permanently connected to the fixed electrical wiring of the mains system, in accordance with the current edition of ‘The Plugs and Sockets etc. (Safety) regulations in force at the time of installation
- The appliance requires a 3 Amp supply fuse
- Power supply connection; the Mira Vigour is fitted with a terminal block and earth stud which will accept cable up to 2.5mm2
- Maximum ambient temperature for the appliance whilst in use is 30°C
- The appliance will provide satisfactory performance with an incoming electricity supply voltage of 230V ± 10%. The supply voltage will affect the flow rate
- The installation must comply with ‘Requirements for Electrical Installations’, commonly referred to as the IEE Wiring Regulations, or any particular regulations and practices specified by the local electricity supply company.
Follow link to buy the Mira Vigour on-line. We currently offer both types: