Knauf was founded in 1932 by two brothers, Karl and Dr. Alfons N. Knauf. Today their sons continue their legacy through managing partners Baldwin and Nikolaus Knauf who continue the success of the corporations’ numerous enterprises in close co-ordination with other Knauf family members.
From its beginnings in gypsum processing along the Saar and Main rivers in Germany, Knauf has expanded and diversified to become a corporation with worldwide activities, delivering products and services in the following business markets:
- Building materials and systems based on gypsum and gypsum-related products.
- Thermal insulation and sound insulation materials.
- Limestone and lime products.
- Chalk and cement related products
- Plant engineering
Knauf Insulation is the UK’s leading insulation company. It represents one of the most respected and progressive names in European building products. Formed in 1946 as Fibreglass Insulation it has been previously known as Pilkington Insulation and Owens Corning before the involvement of Knauf with KnaufAlcopor before finally becoming known as Knauf Insulation.
Knauf Insulation is active in more than 35 countries with 30 manufacturing plants and over 5000 employees across the globe. The company, which is part of the German family-owned Knauf Group, continues its strong and steady operational and financial growth, having achieved a turnover well in excess of € 1 billion in 2010.
Knauf Insulation is the only UK manufacturer of glass mineral wool, rock mineral wool and extruded polystyrene insulation products, giving an unrivaled range for building, H&V, process and appliance insulation, as well as fabrication applications.
|OHSAS 18001:2007 Health & Safety||BE006000-7|
|EN 16001:2009 Energy||BE001520-7|
In addition to their industrial heritage in the UK, Knauf also brings the following:
- Proven expertise in glass mineral wool, rock mineral wool and foam insulation.
- a unique position, able to give impartial advice on the best product for any type of building
- continuous investment in research and development, allowing us to constantly improve our products and service offering
- the industry’s widest range of products to suit every application
- We sell our product range under the Earthwool, Rocksilk, Knauf Insulation, Knauf, Floorfoam and Polyfoam brands.