Now you’ve added artificial grass into your garden, you can enjoy a relaxing outdoor space without wasting time mowing the lawn. With the move over to artificial grass within your garden, no more cutting the grass is needed throughout the months.
However to keep the original installation look, the space will still need to be maintained for the perfect finish. Artificial Grass needs small amounts of light maintenance saving more time and trouble within the garden space, expanding the grass’ lifespan.
With many looks available to be achieved within the garden space, artificial grass brings the perfect look into any outdoor area. With artificial grass options for many outdoor spaces, whether within domestic or commercial areas the high standard from its first installation should be maintained. Upgrading your garden space is a simple addition with the range of artificial grass, bringing the ideal look within outdoor areas.
Maintaining your Artificial Grass
After your artificial grass has been laid, the lawn will need to be maintained for the perfect finish within the garden throughout the year. When looking to keep artificial grass maintained, a regular program should be followed to ensure the grass upholds its maximum life expectancy.
As an outdoor product, keeping your artificial lawn at the highest standard is a simple solution by following their maintenance procedures. With a few simple steps, the gardens grass can be kept to the quality standard from installation.
Artificial Grass can be maintained perfectly in many steps, removing weed growth, leaves and debris as well as odours and mess from pets. Artificial Turf doesn’t need to be cleaned every day but it is recommended that the lawn is hosed down once a week or every other week.
- Reducing the risk of airborne weeds, leaves and debris should be removed using a leaf blower, a stiff brush or plastic rake. The amount of leaves falling onto the lawn can be limited by regularly trimming back hedges and over hanging trees.
- Further reducing a risk of airborne weed growth needs regular maintenance with the form of weed killer on the whole area twice a year. If weeds start to grow within the artificial lawn, these can be easily removed.
- With artificial lawn being mostly self-cleaning, cleaning will not always be needed. However, if grass does need cleaning the area can be hosed down with a light detergent and a stiff or mechanical brush.
- Eradicating dog urine odours and mess can simply be removed with specialist artificial grass cleaner, PoopClenz and PeeClenz.
- For extra cleaning, artificial grass can be protected and sanitised with the use of Block Blitz. With a few applications the Block Blitz can return artificial grass back to its original appearance.
Artificial Grass should be maintained throughout the year with weekly and monthly jobs being undertaken. Cleaning the grass will depend on what cleaning is needed, whether you need to clean on a weekly or monthly basis. To keep the artificial lawn looking perfect remove leaves, moss and weeds on a regular basis to finish the garden design.
Weekly Cleaning: Most homeowners will need to think about rinsing their artificial lawn once a week. Spraying down the grass with a hose to help remove dust and other small debris that’s accumulated since the last monthly clean.
Monthly Cleaning: Performing a monthly clean on your artificial lawn adds a fresh looking lawn into the garden space. The monthly clean is perfect for helping to keep lawn green, clean and inviting. With a more thorough clean on a monthly basis the outdoor space can be kept as good as new, maintaining the quality condition within the garden.
When performing a monthly clean you can perfectly remove dust, dirt and leaves from the surface with a stiff brush. When cleaning the outdoor space on a monthly basis, the grass can be cleaned effectively leaving a beautiful finish without any stains on the artificial turf. However, to remove stains you should respond quickly so they can be washed away simply without leaving any further marks on the grass.
Artificial Grass Don’ts…
Keeping Artificial Grass has a few tips of what not to do to keep the outdoor space looking fabulous throughout the year whatever the weather. Following these simple steps will help to keep the fake lawn looking wonderful for as long as it can be!
- Use heat sources such as barbeques, grills or fire pits on the artificial grounds surface preventing any burns of the lawn.
- Leave garden furniture on the lawn, moving them around to allow for the grass pile below to recover.
- Use glass or sharp objects on the lawn as this could cause damage to the grass’ synthetics.
- Leave stubborn stains to settle or rub them in, clean them away as soon as they occur stopping marks being left on the surface.
Following these tips will add the perfect care for your artificial synthetic lawns. Adding synthetic grass brings the perfect update into any space, wherever you are looking to add the grass.